WHAT TO EXPECT:
In a positive and trusting environment, Cindy works collaboratively with her clients to elicit their strengths, build skills and enhance resilience. She empowers people with new tools to break old cycles and “get out of their own way.”
Cindy offers both traditional talk therapy and holistic, body-oriented therapies. Based on the unique needs and interests of her clients, she integrates a range of well researched psychological and mind-body methods, including:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) – to address the impact of trauma/PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) and stressful experiences
- SE (Somatic Experiencing) – to relax and settle the nervous system, attune to the body and heal trauma
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – to identify and change limiting thoughts, beliefs and behaviors
- Relaxation Skills – to relax, enhance sleep and reduce stress
- Guided Imagery – to use the power of the mind to gain clarity, change habits, and enhance insight and intuition
- Movement Therapy – to use the body to energize, release tension and express feelings
- Mindfulness – to focus on the present moment, calm the mind, and enhance awareness and compassion in daily life
Cindy’s integrated approach leads to both short-term relief and long-term change. Over time, as individuals learn to trust their innate wisdom, they evolve, thrive, and lead the lives they aspire to.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM PSYCHOTHERAPY?
Anyone who wants to experience life with greater ease and harmony can benefit from therapy. Conditions that might spark a desire for guidance and counseling with Cindy include:
- grief, loss
- depression, bipolar disorder
- anxiety, panic, phobia, stress
- addictions, eating disorders
- relationships at home, school, work, community
- transitional times, uncertainty
- health concerns, illness, physical pain
- searching for meaning and purpose
Whether an issue is current or past, big or small, therapy can be beneficial. It helps turn challenges into opportunities for growth, inspiring people to achieve greater mental, emotional, physical and spiritual well-being.
TYPES OF THERAPY PROVIDED
Individual – for a diversity of people, including young people transitioning to adulthood, men and women, teens, couples and anyone motivated to seek a better life.
Group – for people who want to connect with others to gain valuable life tools and insights. Cindy runs an ongoing women’s group.
Couples – for couples who want to have less conflict, better communication, and more joy and open-heartedness.
HOW PSYCHOTHERAPY CAN BENEFIT YOU:
Psychotherapy helps build a greater capacity to:
- increase self-confidence
- reduce depression, anxiety, and stress
- feel and express emotions effectively
- enhance vitality through the mind-body connection
- heal from painful experiences
- create more satisfying relationships
- clarify priorities and attain goals
Simply put, therapy can help you enhance quality of life by developing a stronger sense of self, with more peace, joy, and satisfaction in your life.
My constant anxiety is gone and I’m enjoying life more.
I’m so much more connected to my mind and body.
I have a lot more confidence facing the unknown than I’d ever had before.
It’s much easier just being me.